Friday 3 September 2010

The horror, the horror.

My new feature film *** ***** ** ********** is now in the can, and it looks amazing.

Post-production is now underway, and the next stage of the creative process begins. I love this bit. Seeing the movie taking shape and getting excited all over again.
I trained as an editor, before I was a director, so I have to resist the urge to grab the mouse and keyboard and start cutting myself.
But it's important to step back and let someone objective bring a fresh perspective to the film. I have learnt this over the years, and it's reaped rewards.
There is a wonderful feeling walking into an edit suite and seeing a scene or sequence play even better than you imagined, because an editor has applied their own ideas.

It's beyond frustrating not being to talk in detail about the film. But that reason will become apparent much later.

For now, I'm really excited about delivering a very cool horror film.
As a big horror fan myself, I have always wanted to make a film that had the same vibe as an old school horror, like The Thing or The Exorcist. Combined with a modern sensibility of films like The Strangers.

Dan





2 comments:

Piers said...

Ha! I have identified half the words in your title already!

Soon the rest will fall to my fiendishly clever code-cracking machines, yes.

Daniel said...

*shakes fist at Becklos*