Thursday 29 December 2011

2011, review of the year.

I think I will look back on 2011 as a turning point.
On the one hand I got to make my passion project The Man Inside and work with some amazing actors, but on the other side I had to experience some of the most unpleasant aspects of the film business that I've ever encountered.

I'm 43 now, and not really disposed to accepting certain types of behaviour.
When you're younger you allow things to happen because of ambition, but when you get older your tolerance levels decrease.

That said, I'm also not about to give up my dream because of other people and their unpleasant working practices and attitudes.

To this end, I find, as I contemplate 2012, that I will have a new film to present and a new career path that I'm very excited about.

In some ways making the film and the troubles I've had in the industry in 2011 have helped shaped my plans for the future, and I have a sneaking suspicion that I will reflect on that in the future as a big positive.

2012 will be all-change.

The last 12 months have been really tough with a continuing health problem, and I must pray that I can stay in good health in the new year, as I will need all my energy for all the things I have planned.

I'll talk about the new things I've got planned in the new year, but for now I feel ready to tackle 2012 with a cautious smile.

One thing is for certain. I won't be tolerating anything less than ethical behaviour from anyone I work with. What's the point otherwise?




No comments: