Sunday 22 February 2009

Screenings and updates.

Hi.
Firstly, if you're in the Washington area in early March you can catch Look At Me at the DC Independent Film festival.
You can book tickets here. It looks to be shaping up to be a super festival, with the grand opening by Jude Law. I'm very excited to be part of it.

I'm also happy to have increased my presence on IMDB, a great resource for everything film related. It's usually the first port of call for research, so to be featured is superb.

Work is ramping up considerably on Splendid, our very exciting sketch show. Casting is complete, and we start filming in two months on the pilot that features our very best sketches. I'm usually accused of having a somewhat dark pre-occupation with my projects, so to find myself directing two vicars running around a field with a plate of glass will be something of a welcome departure. It's like having a licence to be silly, and calling it work.
Splendid news is breaking virtually every day now, as more and more falls into place. Check it out at SPLENDID!

The new camera goes out for its first gig next week and I'll be waving at the window like an over-protective mother. I know I have to let my baby go sometimes and earn her keep, but she's grown up so fast. There will be tears, I fear.

In other stuff, I'd like to point you to a great article on David Bishop's Blog. It's a brilliant piece, and worth saving and keeping for whenever you have a new set of notes for your beloved projects.

Elsewhere, I've not had a chance to watch any movies lately, which is a shame, as there are lots of movies coming out I'd like to see.
I continue to pile through the first season of CSI on DVD, and feel somewhat silly for now having watched this right from the start. It's truly extraordinary. I know everyone raves about gritty realistic shows like The Wire and The Shield, but for someone who sees life through Michael Mann's coloured filters, CSI is the ideal show for me. Style and content in perfect harmony. The lighting and photography in CSI is breathtaking as is the production design. Just gorgeous.
I'm off to the Story Engine festival this week, which is set to be a really cool writers festival. Darlington here we come....

No comments: