Saturday 30 August 2008

What's going on?

This blog has become a series of musings and opinions of late, so I thought I'd bring it back to the reason I set it all up in the first place and talk about what I'm all about.

So, to kick off, I thought I'd run through all the projects I'm working on right now.
Some you may know about, some you may not. But this shows why sleep is the enemy!
I won't go into the status of the project too heavily as I'm a believer in fate...

BLOOD RED SKY.
Projects are like babies. You love them no matter how difficult they can be. Blood Red Sky probably screams the loudest in the project creche right now. It's precocious and demands my attention! The script is awesome, and with more months of development ahead stands to be even better. Quite a thought.
This film, 85 minutes of visceral horror, is one of those 'once in a lifetime' projects. I have no choice but to make it.


SPANKY.
Adapted from the notorious novel by Christopher Fowler, this film is a little different because I'm signed to direct it with a US company. It means I'm not involved in it's gestation so much, which does feel a little weird as I'm rather 'hands-on'. But once everything comes together with it I do feel it will be an incredible piece of work.




ACCIDENTAL SERIAL KILLER.
This is the film that when you describe it to people it makes their eyes light up and they smile. It just feels 'right'. As such it needs to be nurtured and developed carefully, and made with the right people,
with the right budget.
It will take a little longer to get right, because it's comedy.
And comedy is so subjective that it's journey may be a little
more arduous than other projects. But it will be worth it. Exciting
things lie ahead for this film.



MR LONELY.
Adapted from a novel by Britain's best loved comedian Eric Morcambe by... me! Hoorah!
It's a great big TV drama, set in the seventies, and is a bitter sweet tale of the destructive nature of the 15 minutes of fame. It's truly exciting because the public have never seen this side to Eric Morecambe before and I can't wait to bring it to them.

There is plenty more in various stages of development, and I intend to make a new short very soon to keep my directing skills honed during all this development (thank you for all the scripts sent thus far).

I'll be uploading a new version of my showreel in the next few days as well, which I'm really pleased with. Stay tuned!

No comments: